Monday, December 12, 2011

ESTEE LAUDER ADVANCED NIGHT REPAIR


As I find myself reaching ever so closely to the big 3 0 (currently I'm 26) I feel its time, do I dare even say it.... begin a "anti-aging" skin care routine! A friend of mine who currently works for the prestigious & high end department store staple Estee Lauder introduced me to Advanced Night Repair Serum.

Lauder bills this as "The one formula beautiful skin can't live without", and "Neutralizes up to 90% of environmentally generated free radicals before they can affect skin's appearance." The serum has a light peachy golden tone and feels fantastic when applied to your skin.. Less is more with this product as you don't need a lot to cover the whole face and neck. If you use too much you may experience a slight tacky finish which may be less then desirable. When I applied the serum my first night it soaked into my skin quickly and left a subtle "glow", and my face was extremely soft and SMOOTH! The next morning when I woke up I felt my face, and it was STILL utterly moist and smooth. Even my boyfriend could attest to the silky texture of my skin. The "active" ingredient the ANR line is Bifida Ferment Lysate which is a kinda of bacteria that has shown DNA repairing properties. Lancome also uses it in there "Genifique" line too. After three weeks I noticed a decrease in my pore size, skin texture seems to be more even, and some minor scaring from old acne blemishes seem to be fading quickly. All in all I'm very pleased with my purchase of Advanced Night Repair, time will tell if it's truly helping my genes remain young and worth the prince tag.

Rated: *  *  *  *  *

  • Pros: This serum did NOT break me out, has a luxurious feel, smooths texture of the skin, pore size decreased
  • Cons: EXPENSIVE! A 1oz size will set you back $49.50

1 comment: